Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My ambitions

Sorry for the lack of updates! I've been 'busy' with uh.. school. Yeah, school. Yes.
More like lazy.


When I was young, I've always had ambitions. Well, I'm still young, and I still have my ambitions. Many people (especially adults omg) have been asking me, "Jane, what are you going to be when you grow up?" I'd say, "I don't know. I haven't decided yet." And they always end up saying, in shock, "WHAT?! You haven't decided yet? What is wrong with you! You still have 2 years!"

"2 years?" I thought.

Oh shit. 2 years.
2 years would pass really fast.
I don't even know whether it's really 2 years left, with this international syllabus, but. I don't know. I am so clueless right now.

So, I've been thinking, hey! Why don't I make it into a blog post? And add pictures? So my blog gets more interesting?

A random bird pops up in my mind and says, "HELL YEAH YOU SHOULD DO IT!"

(please ignore the fugly pictures of my face.)

As a child, I had the most cliche and.. I don't know, ambition every child wanted.



A doctor.

How unoriginal right? But I did it because every child did. I never wanted to be the weird one out.
But in reality, I never want to be a doctor. After going to the doctors' and hearing what they say, all those complex terms, I just went "Meh," and forgot about being a doctor.



What next? Well, when I was 10, I wanted to be..



An artist.

I still have mixed feelings about this. Artists have to work hard to make good money, socialize, and if no money die lah.
I'd have to live on cup noodles every day then.

As I grew older..



My dad suggested me to go for hotel management in Switzerland.
I have no idea how in the world he got such a specific idea. Maybe it's from reading his books or something. I might go burn his books later (but I don't think I can because he has a load of books and I would kill the environment), but nevermind.

I asked him why, and apparently they pay a lot for hotel management. I don't want to fold laundry and all that okay.



At 13 years old (which was last year only),



I wanted to be an interior designer.
Also suggested by my dad, who said that I had good taste in designing. But that would mean practically memorizing what objects and whatnot.

You see? I even look the part. Holding the IKEA catalogue (which my mom accidentally took back home when we went to IKEA to shop - if you look closely, it says "PLEASE RETURN TO THE CHECK-OUT AS YOU LEAVE." Paiseh.)
I'm wearing my glasses also. Look smarter right!


And now, at 14.



Remains one (not so) bigass question mark.
Why? I don't know.
I have no target right now; I seriously don't know what to do.
I don't want to go down in the wrong lane either.

So, I'll just go with whatever I have; time will tell.
I think I'll be a loser when I grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment