Friday, January 15, 2010

What's going on with my life

Answer: Nothing much.

Pretty much everyday I've been on Facebook, Twitter, Plurk, and a few other random shit I read.
I'm getting just plain bored, to be honest; but I can't help but to actually check the few sites everyday. Even if my social life sucks, even if I barely go out, even if I barely even get notifications on Facebook. But I just can't help it.

Like everyone else who usually goes on the internet, I've been trapped into the vortex. Yeah well, to make it simple, I'm addicted.
This has lead me to my bad blinking habit. I've tried to 'stop' going on the computer for many many many times. Going on holidays did help, but only for a week or so - but you would probably find me screaming at my iPhone, searching for free WiFi so I can check my Facebook notifications.

Going on holidays helped me cure my blinking only for a certain amount of time, but after that I get addicted to the computer again and my bad blinking habit comes back FML/FTS. The worse thing is, I'm beginning to bring my laptop along with me to my holidays. That's entirely my fault and it was my choice, but yeah, yaddayadda I can't help it.

The computer, or rather the internet, has amazed me. You could spend what you feel like is 10 minutes on the computer, watching videos on YouTube or reading blogs and articles, and voila! 3 hours have passed, with you watching random stuff that includes obsession of spoons or some guy getting whacked at the balls multiple times whatsoever.

My mom always told (or rather nagged) me about getting out of the computer to do some sports; mix some people, exercise (bleh) - but it just isn't the same as last time anymore.
When my mom was a kid, she lived in a kampung. Sekinchan in Kuala Selangor, to be exact. She said she used to play basketball and had many friends. She also has 5 sisters and 2 brothers. They would play virtually everything with anything they can find; sticks, stones, guli (marbles), bags of sand whatever. They just had so much to do.

But that was then. They did not have any computers, nor technology as advanced as it is now.
If they did have computers, I bet my mom would be tricked by some online predator and I would be an orphan.
Really (but not really).

This generation had changed so much. Computers came out, laptops came out. Game consoles were the 'it' thing to have, and yes; I'm proud, or actually rather ashamed, to have fallen into the trap.
I nagged my mom to buy me the latest game consoles. If I never got it, I would probably just watch the other 'cool' people playing and just sulk to myself. I do have game consoles; the Nintendo Wii and DS, but now it's all DSis and PS3s and XBox 360s. But I'm kinda happy with what I have now, considering I barely play game consoles because I usually give up on RPG games that they always release. Fail, I know. I give up easily.

So I rely to the internet.
And so does my mom now, since she's just started using the computer. So far, she's been addicted to it. Instead of watching TV with my dad, she would be in a room, clicking away at her email or Facebook or some designer label website. I think my dad's getting annoyed as he's being left out; and since everyone is abandoning him for the internet.

Lololol @ dad.

But the internet has been many help to me, and probably to everyone else; I chatted with my old friends, reminiscing about those memories we all had. I'm even going to meet one of my old friends who moved to Australia 2 years ago (woah that's a long time), Amanda. We're gonna meet up and talk about the good times again. Definitely excited for that event!

The internet has also been great help to my mom, who now still types extremely slow; but that's not the point. She misses my brother terribly, so she frequently video calls him when he's free.

Okay, back to the topic (which is going hanky-panky right now because my mind is spacing out and I don't know what to blog about so I'm simply just gonna type)

(wtf hanky-panky?)

So basically, my daily routine;
Wake up, brush teeth etc, eat breakfast, go to school, come back from school, eat my early 'dinner', go on the computer for a while, shower, watch TV while using the computer, eat some fruits or get some juice, sleep.

It's always like that everyday, and it's just my routine I guess.
Unless if there's something to do, like drum classes or vocal class, then it's pretty much sandwiched into the routine.

So moral of the story: Get a life, like I'm trying to right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment