Monday, February 1, 2010

So, here I am.

Watching the Grammy's, blogging, thinking of what to type.
So, don't get your hopes up; I didn't get the student council position. I'm not complaining either, I'm just glad I tried. *grins like a 'tard*

Chinese New Year is coming up. Angpows are being packed, decorations are being put up.
I'm not buddhist though, or any other religion, I'm a freethinker-slash-atheist. Well, they're technically both the same, but okay lah whatever. I don't really believe in anything; if I die, I'll just die. Just see where I'll go. Or maybe.. reincarnate. *dooooom*

My mom is a supposed buddhist, while my dad's a supposed catholic.
But both of them ended up being atheists. My dad's baptized, but he never really bothered to church. My brother.. he's catholic too, I guess. I think he's baptized. LOL DON'T ASK ME IDK. But I dunno him lah, he doesn't really mention church anymore.
My mom.. well, I'm not so sure about her religious background, but she just tells me that she's an atheist.

My dad did go to church for the first few decades of his life, but after that.. I guess he just didn't bother anymore.
Just like me. Only I wasn't baptized though.
I tried going to Sunday School/church when I was 10 years old.
Still antisocial, so uh, never made any friends, got lazy, discontinued church.
I know it wasn't a good thing to quit Sunday School, yanno - something to believe in, but I just.. didn't bother. So much fail amirite.

And now, my mom is trying to become a catholic. Guess she just wants something to believe in now.

Heck, she even bought a small Mother Mary statuette to put at our house.
To be honest, I think she's going a little bonkers on the head; but I'm kinda proud of her too, wanting to just believe in something, because she really needs something to look up to.
In this case, Mother Mary. Surprisingly, my mom became a better person bit by bit.

She's becoming holy. Holy mom. Holy mama.

I don't know about my dad. He's still.. my dad. Nothing changed. Or maybe his temper did become better after that statuette was placed..



But we still celebrate Chinese New Year.
We're such a religiously rojak family wtf.

No comments:

Post a Comment